How to close a ticket?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Oct 10 04:29:40 PDT 2010

Hi Andrea,

> Are you using authenticated SMTP?
yep, I do.

> What email volume do you have?
Normal, nothing special.

> You may consider creating a new account with one of the big names
> (Google, Yahoo, whatever), they won't mind the traffic.
Well, I think I have to contact my provider and complain, since by now I have heard from quite a few that it shouldn't be a problem to have address rewriting.
ESPECIALLY if you PAY monthly 5 EUR to the provider and do use authentication. So, in case it would turn out I'd abuse this address rewriting for spam, they would be able to detect that and go after me and point towards their rules of their game and blame me for breaking those rules… I don't understand why they are so restrictive…
But when I did contact them years back their answer was pretty stiff!
Perhaps it's really an option to just abuse googlemail for this, where I could setup a dedicated account for this purpose.

Well, for now I am happy, since Brad gave me an account on his server to solve the issue right away.

But still, I don't see why I need to send emails as mk at macports.org, since I always got all emails meant for me, could respond to tickets and blabla…
My portfiles contain the MK-MacPorts at techno.ms email address and mk at macports.org is redirected to this address as well, commits are done with mk at macports.org as handle and trac now also works fine. So, I don't see really why not using the macports handle as my sender address is a problem. :)

Greets,
Marko