[71212] trunk/dports/devel/openssl/Portfile

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sat Sep 4 11:20:07 PDT 2010

On Sep 4, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

  On 2010-9-5 02:47 , Michael Dickens wrote:

  I know that OpenSSL is not openmaintainer or

  nomaintainer (and, I don't own it), which is why I added the

  little ditty "Adding in without a ticket because it's such

  a simple change".

  A ticket is not required; the maintainer's permission is.

Very good; I apologize to the maintainer (Muhammed "mmw" Weiss)
for not requesting his permission first.  I'll try that approach
from now on.

  But, in the case of the ticket mentioned

  above -- it is now 7 weeks old, and looks to be dead in the

  water.

  There are procedures for such cases documented in the Guide.

I'm glad of this; I'll go try to find them.

  However I'm not convinced that all the changes you propose in
  #25686 should be made.

Good to hear; I wish that concern had been added to the ticket so
that we could have discussed it further -- or maybe you just
close out the ticket if you feel that the changes are not
warranted at all!  I'll post one last Portfile diff w/o the
issues I found 7 weeks ago, which (1) does not change the default
install; (2) allows options provided by configure to be
accessible via the Portfile; and (3) lets the user decide to use
any of those options if desired, no matter how secure or insecure
they are.  You (all) can decide what to do with it.

  My apologies for the mistaken change; that Portfile can be

  reverted back. - MLD

  By you, I hope?

Done in r71216.  Having never reverted changes (I use GIT with
local checkouts which I can just delete) I just removed the line
and did a new checkin.  Is there a better SVN-way to do this? -
MLD