python portfile issue with running setup.py twice

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Thu Sep 30 08:02:47 PDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 12:54 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2010-9-30 03:48 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> This, and the problem before it with the python library, apparently both stem from setting LDFLAGS, which the python26 portgroup does. According to the following post, setting LDFLAGS overrides vital settings, contrary to how we expect LDFLAGS to work, which is to append settings to those already defined by the software.
>>
>> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2009-November/013414.html
>>
>> So, the python26 portgroup appears to need some changes to not set LDFLAGS like that.
>
> You mean like "python.add_archflags no"?

This allows it to install. Thanks! I was not, however, able to make it work with variants for gcc44 and gcc45. It fails to find the fortran compiler for some reason. I've added a working portfile on the ticket [1] with the variants commented out. If no one can find a fix, I will simply commit it as is with gcc44 as the only compiler.

[1] <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/26672>