[GSoC][Binaries] proposal review

Felipe Tanus fotanus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:15:00 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2011, at 13:45, Felipe Tanus wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:
> >> Why did you rename the program from "pkg" to "macpkg" ?
> >
> > To get sued by apple :-)
> > Just kidding,
>
> You probably won't:
>
> http://www.apple.com/legal/trademark/guidelinesfor3rdparties.html
>
> (the section labeled "The Mac Trademark")
>

> Interesting, I didn't thought I could use "mac" on any software.
But I don't  think macpkg could be used thanks to rule 2.c:

"""

c. “Mac” is used in combination with another non-generic word.

Acceptable:   MacVenus      MacCharlie

Not acceptable:   MacCharleston      MacSales
"""

[]'s

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus at gmail.com
Blog: http://www.itlife.com.br
Site: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~fotanus/
-----
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -
Gandalf