Checksum libraries

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Fri Apr 15 05:36:51 PDT 2011

Russell Jones wrote:

> The other reason for platform independence, I guess, is that it helps OS X version independence, i.e. with future versions that may drop features MP depends on.

It did serve as an attempt to identify all such features:

http://www.macports.org/install.php#other

The old requirements were "Mac OS X, X11, Xcode, X11 SDK":

http://guide.macports.org/#installing

The instructions to install or uninstall MacPorts are
usually regarded as almost unreadable, I have heard.

They certainly require knowledge of the Terminal.app,
and a good connection (in order to download Xcode)...

--anders