GSoC: Announcing accepted students and projects 2011

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Apr 26 03:40:04 PDT 2011

Hello,

for the Google Summer of Code program 2011 our organization, The
MacPorts Project, got three slots assigned. We filled them based on the
quality of the proposals and on the limited mentor capacities we have.

Unfortunately, we get less and less proposals each year, but at least
the overall quality remains constant. Much more activity has been
triggered on macports-dev than the years before.

This summer, MacPorts will mentor the following students and projects:

Usage statistics
    Student: Derek Ingrouville
    Mentor:  Jeremy Lavergne (snc)

rev-upgrade
  Student:   Clemens Lang
  Mentor:    Rainer Müller (raimue)

post-destroot verification
  Student:   Felipe Tanus
  Mentor:    Perry Lee (perry)

Derek, Clemens, Felipe, welcome to our community!

Although you have already introduced yourself on the mailing list with
your proposals, it would probably be a good idea if you three could
reply with a few words about your upcoming projects.

Looking forward to a Summer of Code,
Rainer