buildbot questions

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Aug 2 09:16:34 PDT 2011

On 2011-8-3 02:07 , Marko Käning wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
>> You could also
>> just force a build for the port you're interested in by setting a build
>> property called 'portlist' with the port name as its value.
> Can every registered maintainer initiate this? This, I guess, has to be started via http://build.macports.org/builders ...
> If I want to force a certain build, what would I have to specify for Revision, Repository, Projects, Branch and stuff? Can some fields stay empty if I want to current version built? I see there are 3 properties, so I guess one of them would be called 'portlist' and the value would contain a comma-separated list of ports to build.

Anyone in the world can initiate it AFAIK. Any or all of the values in
the form can be blank. The portlist is actually meant to be space
separated, but a buildbot bug is currently preventing requesting more
than one port from working.

>> We only need to get through 'all' once.
> Did you ever manage to do so for the >8200 ports currently living on MacPorts?? ;-)

Nope. Some ports don't fail but just hang, and have to be fixed so the
build can continue. It's getting further each time.

- Josh