gcc_select

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Aug 20 10:50:14 PDT 2011

On Aug 20, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> The select functionality only changes symlinks for the user.
Yep, I got that eventually. :)

> It does not influence which version of python, gcc, etc. will be used when building
> ports. This has to be set in Portfiles.
Yes, good that you pointed that out! When I had started this thread I obviously hadn't read the Wiki page mentioned carefully enough. It took my a little longer to figure this all out. But thanks to you and Mike I am now seeing clearer what's going on here.

Thanks so much for this invaluable mailing list! :-)