A Plea to Reduce Dependences

Guido guido.soranzio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 02:11:52 PDT 2011

Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Unless somebody completes Pallet, the only working GUI would be Port Authority.

I think we need a completely redesigned GUI leveraging Core Data, Grand Central
Dispatch and the Scripting Bridge.

MacRuby could be the right tool to use since it supports all these new frameworks
and is fully integrated in Lion.

Even without using CD and GCD, I came up in a few days with a first prototype
(https://sites.google.com/site/macosguigna/) which emulates Synaptic:
the new idea is to mark the packages you want to install/uninstall/update first
and then to commit the changes to an external Terminal window.

Guido
--
https://sites.google.com/site/macosguigna/