Failed to load the xcbgen Python package!

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 10 20:37:59 PST 2011

On Feb 10, 2011, at 21:53, Jack Howarth wrote:

>   I am trying to update the MacPorts relax packaging to the new 1.3.9 release
> which now has a graphical interface via wxPython. I was surprised to see that the
> existing py27-wxpython Portfile had x86_64 omitted.

I wouldn't be surprised by this; py27-wxpython depends on wxWidgets, which is not 64-bit ready; poke the wxWidgets developers about that if you're interested.

What does surprise me is that py27-wxpython restricts itself to i386 only; I wonder why no ppc, and I also wonder why it sets build_arch directly instead of using supported_archs.

This looks like https://trac.macports.org/ticket/26418