[MacPorts] #24604: syck 0.70 changes to point to current canonical syck library

Alan Pinstein apinstein at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 11:31:52 PST 2011

Well I posted the ticket 10 months' ago. It was complete coincidence that someone else posted a patch within 5 minutes of me running into this issue again.

I did read the docs on that; the reason I didn't send in a patch originally is that I thought the maintainer might have a better idea as to how he wanted to deal with the change of ownership of the underlying syck project, and thus thought a patch was premature.

But the maintainer hasn't responded to that patch in 10 months; is he not expected to?

Should I just wait 72 more hours to see if he will respond, or should I immediately file a port abandoned ticket and try to take over the project (since it's been 3+ weeks since the original ticket was posted with no response from the maintainer?)

http://guide.macports.org/#project.update-policies.abandonment

Please advise.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Alan