[75466] trunk/dports/gnome

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 25 20:23:55 PST 2011

(I'm remembering to Cc the list this time)

On Jan 25, 2011, at 22:10, David Baumgold wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Isn't this based on the gtk2 port? If so, you should have "svn copy"'d the gtk2 port and then made changes. That way, the "svn log" and "svn blame" output of gtk3 would have been more useful.
>
> You're right -- I always forget to do that. :( Is it worth "svn rm"ing the port, "svn copy"ing it, and recommitting?

The gtk3 port is over 200 lines long, and the gtk2 port has over 8 years of history. I think we will appreciate later having that history easily available to us in the gtk3 port, to explain why those lines say what they say. I would recommend "svn rm"ing and then recreating it with "svn cp".