kile-devel to stable version

Nicolas Pavillon nicos_pavlov at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 3 07:16:39 PDT 2011

Hello,

Currently, Macports holds kile in two versions, being kile for KDE3 (ver. 2.0.1), and kile-devel for KDE4 (ver. 2.1b5). Recently, kile 2.1 for KDE4 has been released as a stable package. I would thus to transfer kile to a stable port, and if I understand correctly Macports policy, I should do the following steps:

1. Create a new portfile kile2 (is the name appropriate ?) for the stable version of KDE4, which conflicts with kile-devel
2. Upgrade kile-devel, make it conflict with kile2, and make it as a stub port indicating that kile2 should be employed instead.

Is indeed this approach correct ? and if yes, would there be an example of this type of stub port that I could employ as reference to create these new ports ?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas