kile-devel to stable version

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Jul 5 10:40:50 PDT 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Does anybody still want a kile port for kde3, if one for kde4 is available and works? Why not just upgrade the kile port to be the latest stable version for kde4?

KDE4 is there and works. Yes.
But sometimes it doesn't. Like just now. I can't get it going anymore.
Looks like we're still in a transition phase.
There are still many people using KDE3 applications.
Since KDE3 and KDE4 can't coexist, I wouldn't like to see a KDE3 port intentionally eradicated.

(I am still using KMyMoney 1.0.5 on KDE3, since KMyMoney 4.5.x is still not ripe enough on KDE4.)

But well, I don't use kile myself.