base behavior; during dependencies modify request port

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Jul 6 15:16:33 PDT 2011

I just noticed something interesting: MacPorts noticed I had updated the Portfile for my requested configure `port configure pspp` after it was done installing all the dependencies but kept the old checksums and passed downloading as if nothing had changed. Next when I ran `port build pspp` it failed because it couldn't find worksrcpath.

Are we not completely reloading the portfile information after a detected change _IF_ we've been doing builds for dependencies first? Could be interesting to see how that'd impact a build farm if a portfile update is accidentally pulled in during a build. I'll try recreating the situation after I'm done with some builds ...