arch of depends_lib

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 6 16:01:12 PDT 2011

On Jul 6, 2011, at 14:47, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> I would like to fail early or possibly change configure_args if the arch of the depends_lib (matches/does not match).

MacPorts base handles this for you -- assuming all ports were installed using MacPorts 1.9.0 or later, and assuming the port whose architecture is being checked actually respects build_arch and/or universal_archs.

I wrote the archcheck portgroup before this MacPorts base checking existed, but it works in all cases, because it actually checks the architecture of the files installed, and does not rely on possibly inaccurate or missing metadata.

There are two GSoC '11 projects ongoing that check things about the installed libraries. I'm not sure if one of those includes arch checking also.