muniversal copy to ${worksrcpath}-${arch}

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Jul 7 09:13:21 PDT 2011

On Jul 7, 2011, at 6:29 AM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2011, at 6:58 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> I had wanted to do this at one point too. It seems like muniversal should maybe make its copies during an earlier phase, but that will probably break existing ports using muniversal. For example if the copies were to be made in post-extract, that will break the patch phase. If the copies were made in post-patch, I'm not certain if that would break post-patch phases. (Would the post-patch block from the portgroup or the post-patch block(s) from the portfile go first?) Similar question about pre-configure.
>
> post-patch or pre-configure sounds right to me.

I think the earlier the better, post-patch sounds right to me.

> How many ports that use muniversal make use of post-patch or pre-configure? It might be reasonable to test/update any of them to make a change to muniversal...

$ find /opt/macports-clean/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports -name Portfile | xargs grep -l -E "PortGroup.*muniversal" | xargs grep -l -E -- "(post-patch)" | wc -l
      26

$ find /opt/macports-clean/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports -name Portfile | xargs grep -l -E "PortGroup.*muniversal" | xargs grep -l -E -- "(pre-configure)" | wc -l
      23

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)