MacPorts on Lion (common issues, fixes, and workarounds)

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Jul 20 10:24:57 PDT 2011

> Clang is LLVM.  You probably mean "llvm-gcc" rather than "llvm"?

Yup, llvm-gcc is what I meant, not clang.

Is it correct to say?
 * llvm-gcc is llvm 2
 * clang is llvm 3

> Do you know if it is specifically cairo or pango that has the issue (or
> both)?  I'd suggest just having cairo and pango use clang over
> llvm-gcc-4.2.  If the issue goes away, don't look back.  clang's the way
> of the future as it is, let's not get stuck on llvm-gcc-4.2 for too
> long...

I don't have which of the two ports it was at the moment. If it turns out
building works fine after forcing one or both of those dependencies to
clang, I'll file appropriate tickets.

With all this trouble, I wonder why we don't just stick to gcc until we
can leap to clang.