[81029] trunk/dports/devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 24 10:58:43 PDT 2011

On Jul 24, 2011, at 05:51, Christoph Iserlohn wrote:
> Am 24.07.11 06:02, schrieb Ryan Schmidt:
>>> +homepage            http://www.npmjs.org/
>>> +
>>> +master_sites        https://github.com/isaacs/npm/tarball/v${version}
>>> +
>>> +fetch.type          git
>>> +git.url             http://github.com/isaacs/npm.git
>>> +git.branch          v${version}
>> Why fetch from git and not from the above tarball?
>>
> The tarball doesn't include the necessary submodules (see the post-fetch phase). I've tried to fetch them
> as tarballs too (they all reside on github) but unfortunately they don't have appropiate git tags, so this
> didn't worked out.

I was wondering if that was it. That's too bad. How do they intend for people to use the tarballs at all if they don't contain everything necessary? That seems strange.

>>> +depends_lib         port:nodejs
>>> +
>>> +use_configure       no
>>> +
>>> +post-fetch {
>>> +    system "cd ${worksrcpath}&&  git submodule update --init --recursive"
>>> +}
>>> +
>>> +build {}
>> "use_configure no" and "build {}" strongly suggest to me that this port needs "supported_archs noarch".
> I was not sure about that. Node.js only supports i386 and x86_64 (supported_archs needs to added there too), so shouldn't "supported_archs" be "i386 x86_64"?

The npm port does not install any architecture-specific (i.e. Mach-O compiled) files. It only installs text files, images, manpages, symlinks... Therefore npm's supported_archs is to be noarch.

If nodejs only supports i386 x86_64 then nodejs's supported_archs should be i386 x86_64.