2.0.1

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jul 30 00:36:58 PDT 2011

On 2011-7-30 16:16 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2011, at 01:12, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I meant to actually read the base code before sending that. Obviously I now see where the Makefile uses dseditgroup -o create to create the group first. Problem is "sudo dseditgroup -o create -n . macports" succeeds with exit status 0 but no group is created.
>
> What's the reason to use dseditgroup here in the Makefile to create the group? portutil.tcl uses dscl to create groups, and that seems to have always worked before.

That's what the makefile already used in the group target, plus it
seemed more convenient because you don't have to find a free gid
yourself. The man page [1] claims that this should work even on Tiger;
does using -v give any more info?

- Josh

[1]
<http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/10.4/man8/dseditgroup.8.html>