2.0.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 30 01:12:49 PDT 2011

On Jul 30, 2011, at 02:36, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-7-30 16:16 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> What's the reason to use dseditgroup here in the Makefile to create the group? portutil.tcl uses dscl to create groups, and that seems to have always worked before.
>
> That's what the makefile already used in the group target, plus it
> seemed more convenient because you don't have to find a free gid
> yourself.

Mm. You say the Makefile already used this before MacPorts 2.0.0? Where did we have to make a group before?

> The man page [1] claims that this should work even on Tiger;
> does using -v give any more info?

It does...

$ sudo dseditgroup -v -o create -n . macports
Password:
dseditgroup verbose mode
Options selected by user:
Create option selected
Nodename provided as <.>
Username determined to be <root>
Groupname provided as <macports>

dsFindDirNodes using input nodename
dsFindDirNodes returned the error <-14008>
getNodeRef failed to obtain a node reference