2.0.1

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jul 30 01:51:22 PDT 2011

On 2011-7-30 18:12 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2011, at 02:36, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> On 2011-7-30 16:16 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> What's the reason to use dseditgroup here in the Makefile to create the group? portutil.tcl uses dscl to create groups, and that seems to have always worked before.
>>
>> That's what the makefile already used in the group target, plus it
>> seemed more convenient because you don't have to find a free gid
>> yourself.
>
> Mm. You say the Makefile already used this before MacPorts 2.0.0? Where did we have to make a group before?

The target is still there. It's for use with --with-install-group.

>> The man page [1] claims that this should work even on Tiger;
>> does using -v give any more info?
>
> It does...
>
> $ sudo dseditgroup -v -o create -n . macports
> Password:
> dseditgroup verbose mode
> Options selected by user:
> Create option selected
> Nodename provided as <.>
> Username determined to be <root>
> Groupname provided as <macports>
>
> dsFindDirNodes using input nodename
> dsFindDirNodes returned the error <-14008>
> getNodeRef failed to obtain a node reference

Does Tiger maybe want a different name for the local domain? IIRC it
still uses NetInfo while Leopard and later don't. If you start dscl in
interactive mode and run 'ls', what do you see? Are your local users in
Local/Default/Users for example?

- Josh