2.0.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 30 02:33:56 PDT 2011

On Jul 30, 2011, at 03:51, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-7-30 18:12 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> That's what the makefile already used in the group target, plus it
>>> seemed more convenient because you don't have to find a free gid
>>> yourself.
>>
>> Mm. You say the Makefile already used this before MacPorts 2.0.0? Where did we have to make a group before?
>
> The target is still there. It's for use with --with-install-group.

Ah, I didn't realize --with-install-group would create a group; I thought it would just use an existing group.

> Does Tiger maybe want a different name for the local domain? IIRC it
> still uses NetInfo while Leopard and later don't. If you start dscl in
> interactive mode and run 'ls', what do you see? Are your local users in
> Local/Default/Users for example?

$ dscl
dscl (v20.4)
usage: dscl [options] [<datasource> [<command>]]
datasource:
    localhost    (default)                               or
    <hostname>   (requires DS proxy support, >= DS-158)  or
    <nodename>   (Directory Service style node name)     or
    <domainname> (NetInfo style domain name)
    -u <user>      authenticate as user (required when using DS Proxy)
    -P <password>  authentication password
    -p             prompt for password
    -raw           don't strip off prefix from DS constants
    -url           print record attribute values in URL-style encoding
    -q             quiet - no interactive prompt
commands:
    -read      <path> [<key>...]
    -list      <path> [<key>]
    -auth      [<user> [<password>]]