[81499] trunk/dports/python

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 31 23:49:18 PDT 2011

On Aug 1, 2011, at 01:45, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-8-1 16:40 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> When would ${name} and ${subport} ever be equal?
>
> In this particular case, when the user runs 'port <action> py-bitstring'.

But py-bitstring isn't a valid port, is it? I thought this port only provided py26-bitstring and up:

>>> python.versions     26 27 31 32

Even if there were a Python 2.4 py-bitstring subport, why would one use "${name} != ${subport}" as a criteria to decide whether to install documentation or not?

I suppose I should ask first, what impact has this unification of the python portgroups and ports had on the Python 2.4 ports? Are they still py-whatever or are they now py24-whatever?