[79008] branches/gsoc11-post-destroot/base/src/port1.0

Felipe Tanus fotanus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:33:41 PDT 2011

>From OALD:

validate something:
to prove that something is true; to make something legally valid; to
state officially that something is useful and of an acceptable
standard

verify:
to check that something is true or accurate; to show or say that
something is true or accurate

check:
to examine something to see if it is correct, safe or acceptable; to
find out if something/somebody is present, correct or true or if
something is how you think it is

test:
an experiment to discover whether or how well something works, or to
find out more information about it

I think the keyword for our phase is check; it just makes more sense
when compared with what our new phase does.

About the compounded name:
I think the only relation with destroot is that this phase goes just
after it. It's more related to the install.

So, right now I think the best name is check_install, or maybe check_something.