Advice for non-standard package

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:01:09 PDT 2011

Hello

I'm trying to create a Portfile for a package that doesn't quite follow the standard configure ; make ; make install method for installing.

Configure isn't needed, and make install isn't defined. When make is run, it actually runs configure scripts and 'make' in sub-directories. The attached Portfile does get the software to install correctly on my computer, but I don't think it's using the macports gcc compilers, and presumably this is an issue.

What is the best way to enforce the use of macports compilers in this kind of package? Should I have a patch that goes and replaces instances of compiler commands with e.g. /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.4? (then add gcc44 as a dependency).

Thanks for any advice,
Thomas