[79340] trunk/dports/net/miniupnpc/Portfile

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Thu Jun 9 23:43:22 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> The epoch is the most significant number for MacPorts when determining if a port is outdated. When MacPorts says that "miniupnpc 1.5_0" is installed, it really means "2_1.5_0" because the epoch is 2. In r79340 you changed it to "0_1.5_1" by removing the epoch line and adding the revision.
> MacPorts sees "0_1.5_1" as less than "2_1.5_0" so it will not present your update to the user in "port outdated".

That's actually false, I tested before committing and just ran the
test again to confirm: decreasing epoch, increasing revision and
running portindex shows a port as outdated.

Test:

dports $ port installed miniupnpc
  miniupnpc @1.5_2 (active)
dports $ grep "revision\|version\|epoch" $(port dir miniupnpc)/Portfile
version             1.5
revision            2
epoch               2
dports $ portindex >/dev/null; port outdated
No installed ports are outdated.
dports $ #editing portfile
dports $ grep "revision\|version\|epoch" $(port dir miniupnpc)/Portfile
version             1.5
revision            3
epoch               1
dports $ portindex >/dev/null; port outdated
The following installed ports are outdated:
miniupnpc                      1.5_2 < 1.5_3
dports $

> In r79342 I've put back the epoch line so now it's "2_1.5_1" which is indeed greater than "2_1.5_0" and thus will be presented to the user as an available upgrade.

Actually the epoch didn't make any sense because current target is 1.5
tarball and mastersite offers both 1.5.tar.gz abd a newer
1.5.20110527.tar.gz, if epoch had to be set at all it had to be
20110527, as it was upgrading fine without epoch I decided to remove
it.

>> +build.args-append   CC=${configure.cc}
> This does help ensure we're UsingTheRightCompiler, but while you're doing this kind of thing, you may as well also ensure the port is respecting build_arch and, if possible, add a universal variant. Fixed/added in r79343.

Thanks

--
Andrea