Simplify sourceforge fetch group

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Jun 21 02:48:32 PDT 2011

Hello Ryan,

I agree we should take action on this.

On 06/20/2011 07:34 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Should we:
>
> a) accept that we are not currently benefiting from the large list of mirrors, and remove them

As you explained having multiple mirrors doesn't help right now as they
all redirect back to the mirror selector. As far as I understand it, we
would have to fix the URL location for distfiles as well to benefit
again from the large list of mirrors.

But even if we only use the global redirector, I guess we would still
have to face some redirects to the correct directory?

> b) fix the distfile paths in all ports using the sourceforge fetch group so that we once again can fetch without redirects

Is the directory structure with name/version etc. the same for all ports
or is that defined by the individual project?

Rainer