[79657] trunk/dports/math/eigen3/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 23 13:01:32 PDT 2011

On Jun 23, 2011, at 10:00, Eric A. Borisch wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Eric A. Borisch <eborisch at macports.org> wrote:
>>> Is this in lint yet?
>> Nope. But I'll fix my port. :)
>
> Fixed in https://trac.macports.org/changeset/79681

Thanks.

> FWIW, it (deprecation of no_) is also not -- in any way that I could
> find, at least -- in the MacPorts guide; in fact 3.1.18 explicitly
> shows no_xxx variants.
>
> And here I felt silly for using something that was deprecated. As far
> as the guide goes, it's no_deprecated. ;)

Yup, the guide has not been updated for this change, which came about with Registry 2.0, which is the first that can record negative variants. Today, users who install MacPorts 1.9.x from scratch get Regstiry 2.0 whereas users who upgraded from MacPorts 1.8.x or earlier stay with Registry 1.0 (until they modify their macports.conf) (I think? Isn't that right?). With MacPorts 2.0 the old registry goes away at which point all users' registries will be able to remember negative variants.