[GSoC] libelf license

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Jun 24 18:02:18 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 08:56:13PM -0400, Landon J Fuller wrote:
> What is required from libelf? Since basic parsing of the Mach-O header
> is a pretty straight-forward task, it may be possible to avoid an
> external library entirely here. I'd also be happy to help with any
> GSoC implementation questions; dylib load/id LC_CMDs, etc.

I'm not sure what Felipe needs from libelf, so I can't answer that
question.

I personally will need a list of libraries a binary links against with
they versions and compatibility version; I guess that counts as basic
parsing, but reusing what otool already has still seems easier and
especially is better tested and maintained than writing something on our
own here. That being said, I'm still waiting for reply from Apple legal
on that topic.

--
Clemens Lang
GSoC Student