MacPorts 2.0.0-beta1 now available for testing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jun 25 13:44:16 PDT 2011

On Jun 25, 2011, at 15:38, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
>> On Jun 25, 2011, at 10:28 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
>>> That's never worked. Prefix is a configure time setting.
>> But wouldn't it be a nice-to-have feature?
> Recite in unison please:
>
> 	Patches cheerfully accepted!

I have considered implementing this before, but certainly, this has never worked, so file a feature request in the issue tracker if you want. It's not a high priority issue since most people who care what prefix things are installed in aren't uncomfortable compiling MacPorts themselves on the command line.