MacPorts 2.0.0-beta1 now available for testing

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Sat Jun 25 14:07:15 PDT 2011

On Jun 25, 2011, at 1:28 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-6-26 06:26 , Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 19, 2011, at 2:29 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
>>
>>> Source code and disk images for MacPorts 2.0.0-beta1 are now
>>> available [1]. Testing of either of these install methods is helpful.
>>
>> Using the dmg installer I am unable to choose a install prefix.
>
> That's never worked. Prefix is a configure time setting.

Ok, so I thought I would create a disk image and install MacPorts there but the installer refuses with "MacPorts-2.0.0-beta1 can't be installed on this disk. You can only install this software on the disk that is running Mac OS X".

Is there ever a situation where the "Change Install Location..." button is useful?

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)