Fwd: GNU PSPP 0.7.8-ge24089

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Jun 25 14:21:48 PDT 2011

Greetings list.

While using trunk, I've come across a few test failures due to the "macportsuser" variable, not so much the variable as it is the $HOME of the user it is set to. Specifically, some tests in `make check` of pspp-devel will try to access $HOME/.pangorc and if the directory doesn't exist (that is, it's /dev/null instead of /var/empty) it will fail.

Ryan hints below that some other ports also have issues with this.

I put it for consideration that prior to releasing MacPorts 2.0 (and I feel dirty after cliches) we set the user generated for MacPorts to have a home directory that actually exists, or at least /var/empty instead of /dev/null.

Begin forwarded message: