How can I remove '-arch x86_64' during configure

Konis Kjell kjell.konis at epfl.ch
Tue Mar 15 07:49:51 PDT 2011

Hello,

R port maintainer here. I am trying to build the R port using the
compilers in the llvm-gcc42 port (since I believe this is the only set of
compilers that includes Fortran and is compatible with Xcode). If I run
./configure by hand everything works, e.g.

  CFLAGS=-I/MacPorts/include \
  LDFLAGS=-L/MacPorts/lib \
  CC=/MacPorts/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 \
  CXX=/MacPorts/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 \
  OBJC=/MacPorts/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 \
  F77=/MacPorts/bin/llvm-gfortran-4.2 \
  FC=/MacPorts/bin/llvm-gfortran-4.2 \
  ./configure --prefix=/u/smat/konis/Desktop/R-2.12.2
--without-recommended-packages

  make
  make install

does what I want. However, when I set this up in MacPorts, '-arch x86_64'
gets added to the arguments passed to the C and Fortran compilers and
-arch is not supported by llvm-gcc-4.2. How can I remove the '-arch
x86_64' during the configure phase?

Thanks,
Kjell