[GSoC][Binaries support] Can I work with MPAB?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 30 01:44:37 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-29 17:11 , Felipe Tanus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my proposal, I would like to add tasks to work with MPAB, like
> translate it to TCL,

Why do you think that Tcl would be a better choice than shell script?

> add digital signature support, keep build logs,
> wrap it into an web interface. But now I realize that this might not
> be possible because of GSoC rules. Can I modify MPAB code also?
> My proposal will be in this direction, along with modifications on
> macports to allow binary packages, if that is ok for the community.

Why do you think GSoC rules forbid this? MPAB is part of The MacPorts
Project and of course you can work on that.

As it might help, febeling once wrote a web frontend named portmill for
MPAB. You can find it on github, https://github.com/febeling/portmill

Rainer