[83549] trunk/dports/math

"Markus W. Weißmann" mww at macports.org
Tue Sep 6 01:10:25 PDT 2011

On 5 Sep 2011, at 23:16, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Also add the standard modeline, and ensure the port conforms to it. (Your port does not: it includes a mixture of tabs and spaces for whitespace; we want all spaces.)

do you need a modeline if its all spaces anyway?

>> +depends_build       port:gmake
>
> Is the gmake port really required? We recently had a thread in which it was requested that we avoid unnecessary dependencies, so I just want to make sure that you verified that the gmake that Xcode provides was not sufficient.

I didn't follow the list recently but I recall having this discussion like a thousand times. Is there a new policy on this? With the new package system in place, installing gmake took like 5 seconds here... and if you install the minisat package you don't even need to install gmake at all, cause its a build dependency.

>> +use_configure       no
>>
>> +build {
>> +    system "cd ${worksrcpath}/simp && MROOT=${worksrcpath} ${prefix}/bin/gmake rs CXX=\"${configure.cxx} ${configure.ldflags} ${configure.cppflags} ${configure.cxxflags}\""
>> +}
>
> Remember you also need to use the right architectures. Put [get_canonical_archflags] in with your CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS.
>
> You may also then be able to easily add a universal variant by putting the line "variant universal {}" somewhere before this.

Doesn't configure.*flags contain the flags anymore? Works here for me ("just" building x86-64).

> We also have a shortcut now where you don't need to "cd"; you can use the "-W" argument:
>
> system -W ${worksrcpath}/simp "MROOT=${worksrcpath} ..."

Thats very neat!

Regards

-Markus