delete gcc40, gcc41, gcc42

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 14 15:58:11 PDT 2011

On Sep 14, 2011, at 17:33, Jack Howarth wrote:

>   Another less invasive approach would be to append...
>
> -datarootdir=${prefix}/share/gcc4.4
>
> -datarootdir=${prefix}/share/gcc4.5
>
> -datarootdir=${prefix}/share/gcc4.6
>
> which should eliminate the overlap between the various gcc4x packages.

Indeed, it should, and that's what we do in gcc45, but my recollection is that it did not work in gcc44 and gcc43, that this option is broken in those versions.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/22063#comment:3

Believe me I tried to backport our gcc45 strategy to gcc44 and gcc43 and I just couldn't make it work. The long build times didn't help my sanity either. If someone else with a faster Mac and a fresh supply of patience wants to have a go at it by all means do, but I'm done futzing with it until further notice.