ruby question

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Sun Apr 1 14:16:08 PDT 2012

Hello!
I was trying to craft a port for the earthquake ruby gem (a CLI for twitter), but I stumbled on some puzzling things: apparently, earthquake needs ruby 1.9, why is ruby available as ruby19 and not simply ruby (whih installs the 1.8 version)? And if we go the python way, why there's no ruby-select?

Slightly related: I wanna install earthquake, but get the source using github. Just add both PortGroups and then ruby.setup first and then github.setup?

Thanks,
Aljaž Srebrnič
-- --
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey