sha1 and rmd160

M. Daniel Becque mdbecque at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 06:09:08 PDT 2012

Arno,
The proftpd repository has an md5 file along with the binary. Does that
mean i must use md5 or can I, as you suggest, upgrade to the rmd160 and
sha256 hashes by generating them using openssl like below? Once I have
those hashes I could then just include them in the port as checksums rather
than the md5, sha1, and rmd160.

openssl sha256 path/to/file
openssl rmd160 path/to/file