Proposed crossbinutils modification

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Sat Apr 7 08:02:04 PDT 2012

Hello list!
While I was updating a port of mine to the latest version, I noticed that binutils versions whose distname ends with a letter are different; the letter gets dropped from the directory name when the distfile is extracted. So I propose to insert in the current crossbinutils PortGroup the following line:

worksrcdir      binutils-[string trimright ${version} {[a-zA-Z]}]

This would solve the problem and shouldn't break with "normal" version strings. If you all agree (especially maintainers that use this file) i'd commit it.

Thanks,
Aljaž Srebrnič
-- --
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey