[MacPorts] #33927: Add CELT051 audio codec to ports

Fabiano Fidêncio fabiano at fidencio.org
Wed Apr 11 20:20:49 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM, MacPorts <noreply at macports.org> wrote:
> #33927: Add CELT051 audio codec to ports
> ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  fabiano@…             |       Owner:  macports-tickets@…
>     Type:  submission            |      Status:  new
> Changes (by ryandesign@…):
>
>  * port:  => celt
>

> Comment:
>
>  [http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=celt celt 0.11.1 is
>  already in MacPorts] (and it should probably be [ticket:34003 updated to
>  0.11.3]); you clearly based this celt 0.5.1.1 portfile on the existing
>  celt 0.11.1 portfile because the only changes from it are the version
>  number, checksums and maintainers line.

Yeap, This is the more logic way to create a port, or am I wrong? :-)

>  You're welcome to create a new celt05 port but it should be engineered in
>  such a way that it does not conflict with the existing celt port.

Why it could conflict with celt port?
Did you test it, at least?

>  Note that since you are not a committer, the maintainers line must be your
>  valid email address.

Are you suggesting that I change maintainers line for a patch that you
didn't acked?

>  Wouldn't a better use of time be to fix spice so it can be compiled with
>  the latest version of celt?

Another great and serious package managers have celt051 package.
It is a MacPorts option to have or not.
To be honest, MacPorts is a bit bureaucratic, and it won't attract a
great number of fans/contributors.

> --
> Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33927#comment:1>
> MacPorts <http://www.macports.org/>
> Ports system for Mac OS

Summarizing, will it be applied? What I need to change for it?
If you don't want to keep it in ports tree, feel free to close this
ticket as invalid.

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio