Building a cmake-based package

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 3 18:14:47 PDT 2012

Being a question about how to develop Portfiles, this thread should occur on the macports-dev list, not the macports-users list.

On Aug 3, 2012, at 19:00, Randolph M. Fritz <RFritz at lbl.gov> wrote:

> The shell commands I'd like to write for the configure step are:
> cd ${worksrcpath}
> cmake -G 'Unix Makefiles'
>
> After that, I think everything will just drop into place.
>
> So far, though, I can't figure out what to write in the "configure" step to get this to happen.  I've tried numerous variations on:
> configure	    {
>   cd ${worksrcpath}
>   exec cmake -G {Unix Makefiles}
> }
> but so far no joy.

In the top part of the Portfile, after the "PortSystem 1.0" line, add the line "PortGroup cmake 1.0". This will add a cmake build dependency, set up the configure phase to run cmake instead of ./configure, and in other ways set the port up for standard cmake operating procedure. The cmake portgroup is not described in the MacPorts Guide, so I also recommend you just read the cmake-1.0.tcl source file to see what all it does for you.

Then in the configure area of the Portfile, you can add the line:

configure.args-append -G 'Unix Makefiles'

if that is truly required. (Try it without that line first and see what happens.)