PortGroups / New to Port File Development, Sorry!

Ben Smith ben at wbpsystems.com
Sun Aug 26 07:16:18 PDT 2012

Looking at your reference:

guide.macports.org/chunked/reference.portgroup.html#reference.portgroup.python.sugar

Am I reading this right? The setup.py file is called multiple times in
multiple stages, but ISN'T passed the destination of the files?  How does
that work, why would you call the same file with the same parameters
multiple times?

Ben

Ben Smith
Founder / CSA
WBP SYSTEMS
http://www.wbpsystems.com

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/reference.portgroup.html#reference.portgroup.python.sugar

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.examples.html#development.examples.override
>.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "the directory" in your second-last
> question, but any files that should be installed need to be placed in
> the appropriate directory structure under the path in the ${destroot}
> variable, during the destroot phase.
>
> The ultimate authority for what any portgroup does is of course the
> source, which can be found under _resources/port1.0/group in the ports
tree.

> - Josh

Ben Smith
Founder / CSA