[MacPorts] #37214: Maxima not playing well with SBCL 1.1.2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 6 00:35:48 PST 2012

On Dec 6, 2012, at 01:22, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

> On 12/6/12 3:58 AM, MacPorts wrote:
>> #37214: Maxima not playing well with SBCL 1.1.2
>> ---------------------------+--------------------------------
>>   Reporter:  kirc0076@…    |      Owner:  macports-tickets@…
>>       Type:  defect        |     Status:  new
>>  Component:  ports         |    Version:  2.1.2
>> Resolution:                |   Keywords:
>>       Port:  maxima, sbcl  |
>>
>> Comment (by jmr@…):
>>
>>  IIRC it's necessary to increment maxima's revision every time sbcl's
>>  version is updated.
>

> That's silly!  Any way I can do something to sbcl (like exporting an "Approved for Maxima" value or something) to make this unnecessary?

If maxima must be built against the current version of sbcl, which is what jmr's comment makes it sound like, then I don't think there's any workaround.

It's just like php-eaccelerator, which insists on being built for the current version of php, hence I have to increase its revision every time I update php.