port lint and active_variants port group

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Fri Dec 7 20:23:00 PST 2012

Hi

I'm trying to update some of my ports to use the active_variants-1.1
portgroup and am running into errors from lint. The port file I'm
testing is as follows:

$ cat Portfile
# $Id$

PortSystem    1.0
PortGroup     active_variants 1.1

name          lalframe
version       1.0.7
revision      1
categories    science
platforms     darwin
maintainers   ram
license       GPL

description   LSC Algorithm Library - Frame
long_description \
  LIGO Scientific Collaboration Algorithm Library - Frame, containing \
  routines for reading and writing frame files.

homepage      https://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/daswg/projects/lalsuite.html
master_sites  http://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/daswg/download/software/source/lalsuite

checksums     rmd160 8a45abbebb73f2eea3125bcc285005be9ab4c967 \
              sha256
02de9a22b77d82c0b2c39e74bac5174c1d496f9cd381a566fc0f381ddb50c9a9

depends_build port:pkgconfig \
              port:python27

depends_lib   port:lal \
              port:libframe

configure.python ${prefix}/bin/python2.7
configure.args --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
               --disable-silent-rules \
               --disable-gcc-flags \
               --disable-debug

use_parallel_build yes

variant swig_python description {Build python SWIG bindings} {
  require_active_variants lal swig_python
  depends_build-append  port:swig-python \
                        port:py27-numpy
  configure.args-append --enable-swig-python
}

default_variants +swig_python

livecheck.type   regex
livecheck.url    ${master_sites}
livecheck.regex  {lalframe-(\d+(?:\.\d+)*).tar.gz}
$

This builds fine and I get the appropriate error when trying to
install lal if it is not built with the +swig_python variant, but when
I run "port lint" I get the following errors:

$ port lint
--->  Verifying Portfile for lalframe
Error: Line 4 has unrecognized PortGroup
Error: org.macports.lint for port lalframe returned: can't read
"portgroup": no such variable
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port lalframe failed
$

What's confusing me is that line 4 doesn't contain any PortGroup so
I'm not sure what lint is complaining about? The
active_variants-1.1.tcl file is present in my ports tree. Can any one
see what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Adam