[100699] trunk/dports/lang/tcl/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 22 22:28:37 PST 2012

On Dec 22, 2012, at 15:11, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2012-12-23 07:25 , Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>>
>> revbump all ports that tepend on tcl.
>
> Not all dependents will need rev bumping, only those that link against
> the libs. Some will just be running scripts in the interpreter, and that
> should be highly backward compatible.

Yeah but I don't know how to figure out which those are, short of installing and checking each one.

It's the same conundrum I find myself in when ImageMagick's library version number changes. How to find which ports link with the magick libraries (which need a revbump) and those that just run the ImageMagick programs (which don't)?

Don't get me started on the ImageMagick developers changing the library version number between 6.8.0-7 and 6.8.0-8.

If it's possible, I should probably make libmagick a separate subport, then update all ports that use the library to depend on that.