gmsh

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 30 02:23:57 PST 2012

On Dec 29, 2012, at 12:52, Vincent Habchi <vince at macports.org> wrote:

> On 29 déc. 2012, at 13:21, Vincent Habchi <vince at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Ryan, or any Python guru, do you have a clue on how to fix this?
>
> Never mind, I worked it out. I now have a consistent py-gmsh port that hinges on the gmsh installed libraries. Everything is customized in the Portfile, though (see below)

dist_subdir should be set to gmsh so that the same distfile does not need to be downloaded multiple times.

Most of the port, from adding dependencies through the end of the portfile, should be in an "if {${name} != ${subport}}" block, otherwise the stub port will fail.

Dependencies should be added to, not overwritten.

Instead of 'system "cd ${...} && ..."' use 'system -W ... "..."'

Watch your whitespace; I see a mix of tabs and spaces, while the modeline claims you're only using spaces.