[89740] trunk/dports/textproc/libxml2/Portfile

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Feb 8 13:20:45 PST 2012

Hi Joshua,

On Feb 8, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> 1. Making everyone rebuild libxml2, potentially twice, in order to debug
> a problem with KDE, is wasteful and unfair. Find some other way to debug
> these kinds of problems.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, but as Jeremy stated there was no other possibility since the problem persists on the buildbot and only happens there. So I had to do something about it.
Since I realized that the port is reasonably small and quite fast to build I decided to risk this.

> 2. This is not an openmaintainer port.
I know that…

> Did you get the maintainer's permission?
… which is why I indeed contacted the maintainer 3 days ago.
Since that's about the duration for reaction concerning ports - I read that somewhere in the wiki a while ago - I thought I would just risk this test now, because I knew that it would be a time-critical thing.

Actually I didn't want to force everyone to build the port potentially twice, which is why I tried to hurry up as much as I could. Jeremy unexpectedly helped me to avoid further delays…

OK, I am apologizing for this incident. It will never happen again. I hope that the buildbot will have some feature which makes test like these possible without interfering with other users.

I am sorry, I am sorry.

Greets,
Marko