objcopy

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Jan 28 14:42:47 PST 2012

> $ port notes binutils
> binutils has the following notes:
>  Having binutils installed will cause some other ports to fail to build. Consider uninstalling binutils.
>
> Is there another port that provides objcopy and installs outside PATH?

I wonder if that messages is only relevant when the "g" prefix is not used, and since the variant to do that seems to be gone these days I'd venture to say that's an ignorable warning.

I remember there was a thread or two about this in the past: putting the utilities in a special non-PATH dir, prefixing with g, or both. Perhaps if you find that thread you'll know the final outcome, if there was one.