Mountain Lion and MacPorts 2.1.2

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Jul 25 09:21:53 PDT 2012

trunk certainly does, and it has without issue for as far back as I can recall.

Lion to ML should be one of the most painless upgrades for MacPorts users.  The issues which have made upgrading OS versions a pain in the past (from MacPorts perspective) don't really exist with this release.  Both OS versions support the same architectures, and both OS versions have the same developer tools (Xcode 4.4).  I expect that the only issues that crop up in the near future due to this release will be:

1) Xcode 4.4 related (meaning the issue exists on Lion as well)

2) Bad platform checks
   * == Lion rather than >= Lion
   * == OS Version rather than >= XCode Version
   * Needed copy-paste of 'platform darwin 11' to 'platform darwin 12'
   * etc

If a version of base works on Lion, it should almost certainly work on ML.

--Jeremy